The Graduate Institute of Landscape Architecture and Recreation Management, formally the Graduate Institute of Rural Planning and Landscaping was established after the closing of the Department of Rural Planning in the restructuring of College of Management in 2005.
Establishing the Core Capability for Students
Students can gain the following core capabilities such as ability in planning and design, research and development, obtaining related licenses, management and marketing, application of foreign languages, information utilization, characteristics in
Characteristics in Teaching
As the only well-equipped and resourceful institute at the southern Taiwan in landscape architecture and recreation management, the courses offered for students' balanced and suitable development is much emphasized. Disciplines such as Landscape, recreation, architecture, rural and urban development are covered in the related courses. Training through case study and independent research under the guide and aid of professional experts and professors in this institute, students will be able to integrate the environmental resources such as urban and rural landscape, recreation, and ecology to plan and design properly to enhance the balanced development both of urban and rural areas.
Key points in Teaching
To incubate the experts in landscape, recreation, architecture, urban and rural development for both the private and public sectors, courses offered will be emphasized in conservation and utilization of natural environment, sustainable development of landscape and recreation resources, design and plan of landscape architecture, preservation and utilization of traditional culture, management and development of urban and rural resources, conservation of environmental ecology, management and construction of community, management, marketing and training in tourism and recreational industry. Except to cultivate student's rich in professional ethics, the capabilities in independent research, team work and integration, human interaction and the acquaintance of practical experience will be strengthened.
Future for Graduated Students
Employment Public Agencies Government Agencies
Graduates may continue his/her Ph. D. program in related fields such as landscape, tourism, sightseeing, recreation, urban planning, regional planning, park and recreation resource planning, horticulture, agriculture extension, soil and water conservation, and environment planning.
Graduates may also create his/her own business and service agencies
Direction of Development
1. To emphasize the conservation and utilization of urban and rural landscape environment, and to strengthen the plan, design and research of environment to construct the high quality human living environment.
2. To deploy the research on sustainable utilization and conservation in ecological environment and landscape and recreational resource.
3. To enhance the research in recreation planning and management to promote the economic prosperity.
4. To conserve cultural landscape, to fuse the tradition and new creation, to built cultural environment space, and to incubate the human resource in cultural innovation.
5. To incubate human resource in urban and rural planning and rural community planning, to emphasize the heritance of knowledge and skill, and to strengthen the professional capability and competitiveness.
6. To intensify the connection between landscape, leisure, and recreation departments and industries to setup the mutual cooperation model and to arrange students to have practical orientation at above-mentioned agencies to strengthen students' practical skill experience.
7. To conduct more study activities such as academic forums, seminars, field visits to provide students' opportunity of learning and participation and to hence their academic level in research.
8. To participate aggressively in the research, plan, design cases and development projects, and related evaluation cases offered by public and private sectors
The Short, Middle and Long Term Developmental Projects
Short term plan
Middle term plan
Long term plan
The students were enrolled from graduates of many departments of all over the universities, mostly, landscape architecture, horticulture, leisure management, tourism, hotel and restaurant management. The graduates of this institute can find jobs from those companies or institutes such as, public and private institutions for tourism, recreational areas, theme parks, hotels, travel agencies, airline companies, landscape architecture companies, rural and urban development bureaus, water and soil conservation bureaus, the departments of tourism hotel restaurant and management, horticulture and landscape architecture in a vocational high school...etc.
Congratulations, Ms Wei-Funn Tsai for her gaining the excellent achievement in the paper contest in energy and environment protection
Congratulations, Ms. Lang-Chien Huang has been elected as the member of board of director , the ROC NPUST Alumni Association
The writing format of master thesis
Study tours to Puma Shoes Factory and rural community at Yen-Chow District on April 28, 2012
The mid-term teachers evaluation for the second semester of 100 academic year on the web will be opened from April 23 to 27, 2012.
Congratulations to Mr. Guay-Lee Dai and Mon-Tsoung Chen for gaining the thesis awards from the Chinese Rural Development Association.